Learn About Pre-PlanningAvoiding the subject doesn’t make it go away. Thoughtful attention provides peace of mind.
Thoughtful preparation can offer peace of mind not only to the one making the plans but also to those left behind. Pre-planning is also a practical gesture because it allows you to make unhurried, informed decisions. Pre-planning compels you to organize important documents your survivors will need later. With advance planning, you can choose a reasonable budget, and even set aside the funds over a period of time to ease the financial burden to your family.
There are several important things to consider when pre-planning. You will want to consider any religious practices that are expected by your faith. You should consider your family members and their desire to participate in the service by not over-planning ahead of time. Instead, make general suggestions that can be adapted or adjusted to make the funeral more meaningful to participants. Refrain from impractical requests. Your funeral director can discuss the many pre-plan and pre-need plans available, and help you select or design one suited to your personal needs. If at all possible, discuss these plans with your family, for the assurance your plans are appropriate and for their cooperation in respecting them at death.
Most people are financially prepared for accidents to their home and automobiles. Many are even financially prepared to handle long-term illness. However, few are financially prepared for their final place of rest. Ironically, this is the one thing that is guaranteed to happen–“death and taxes,” as Benjamin Franklin put it. So, how can so many be prepared for the “just in case” and so few prepared for the “guaranteed”?
It’s because planning your memorialization can make you feel uncomfortable and insecure. Doesn’t it? Just reading “final place of rest” can cause anxiety. We at Superstition Funeral Home understand. But pre-planning does have its benefits:
- You get a guaranteed price
- Costs increase as time passes and pre-arrangement allows your cost to be guaranteed at today’s prices
- You select a plan to fit your budget
- Your funeral services and cemetery needs can be met today out of current income through budgeted payments
- You take control by making the decisions for yourself
- You eliminate costly, emotional, impulse-driven choices
- Most importantly, you get piece of mind. You will be assured that your loved ones will not be burdened by your funeral expenses.
Everyone should consider pre-arranging their funeral and cemetery needs, and now would be the ideal time. Pre-arranging is one of the most loving and caring things you can do for your family. It removes the financial and emotional burden during a difficult time, and spares your family form making painful decisions; decisions they would rather have you make in any event.
Regardless of how simple or elaborate you would like your arrangements to be, our experienced pre-planning staff at Superstition Funeral Home will show you exactly what all your options and benefits are and help you make wise, sensible decisions. You can pre-arrange and pre-fund your funeral and cemetery wishes.
Pre-arranged funerals, cremations and cemetery needs ease your family’s burden. There are many sound reasons for pre-arranging a service:
- People want to insure that their desires are considered
- More rational decisions are made when emotions and stress are not factors
- Pre-funding assures that all funeral expenses will be paid, even if your estate is financially depleted and inflation has increased the expenses of funerals
- Our pre-arrangement service also allows you to make plans in a more comfortable setting.
It’s your life. It’s your decision. You are the author of your own life–why not write a good ending?